Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Concludes the Story
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is out today. The expansion concludes the story of Hydaelyn and Zodiark. Players will be able to explore new locations such as Old Sharlayan and Thavnair, forge new paths through the Garlean Empire, and ascend to the heavens to set foot upon the moon, all in order to bring an end to a story years in the making.
Here is a rundown of what Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker brings:
- New Jobs: Sage and Reaper – The Sage is a new healer job—the first added since Heavensward™—that utilizes aether-imbued nouliths to protect teammates in battle, fight off enemies, and execute ranged magic abilities. The Reaper, a melee DPS armed with a two-handed scythe, not only unleashes brutal attacks with theatrical visuals but has the ability to summon an avatar from the void to aid them in combat.
- New Playable Race: Male Viera – Players who own Shadowbringers™ will be able to create male Viera characters upon the launch of Endwalker.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap for jobs and classes will be raised from 80 to 90. Players will learn new actions as well as fight against new enemies to master their skills.
- New Expansive Areas – Warriors of Light will explore new areas, including Thavnair, Garlemald, Mare Lamentorum, and more as they experience the tales that lie ahead.
- New Tribes – Players will encounter both the Arkasodara, Matanga who are indigenous to the isle of Thavnair, and the Loporrits—who appear to have much in common with the curious wanderer known as Namingway from Eorzean myth.
- New Content and System Upgrades – A new ally for the Trust system, new equipment, new crafting recipes, and much more.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is one of the few MMOs I’ve actually been interested in. However, I haven’t had the chance to play through the entire story. I just don’t have the time, but I appreciate what it has managed to do over the years.
Source: Press Release