Like, Right This Second
The MMO field is a crowded one, but there’s always room for a serious contender to step in. Swords of Legends Online is here, and it’s looking to carve out a space beside giants like FFXIV and WoW. Can the game actually achieve this? Only time will tell but gosh, this one is pretty at least. Like, stick around to the end of that trailer. If nothing else, Gameforge and Wangyuan Shengtang are pushing for that AAA MMO vibe. Maybe Black Desert is a more apt comparison? You can check out the full press release below for more pertinent details. It’s out right now on PC!
Gameforge — leading Western publisher of popular multiplayer online games including NosTale, OGame, Metin2, Elsword, and TERA — are thrilled to announce with partners Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon that their massively multiplayer online role-playing action game Swords of Legends Online is now available for PC! Starting today, players can finally immerse themselves in the rich, expansive, and visually stunning world, and delve into the mystical story told through fully voiced cutscenes. Legendary warriors will play as one of six initial classes and embark on incredible quests, join forces with formidable allies to take down challenging foes, and rest their weary heads in a home among the clouds —easily accessible thanks to their trusty flying mounts!
“The reception the community has shown Swords of Legends Online since its announcement in April has left us overwhelmed with gratitude,” said Noemi Feller, Vice President of Products at Gameforge. “We are incredibly appreciative of the thousands of players who took part during the Alpha and Beta, providing us with their valuable impressions of the game. We have worked diligently to examine and implement their feedback, and are proud to release something that will provide players a legendary experience.”
Based on the legends that inspired the multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and a series of games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online — which first launched in China in July of 2019 — Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered edition of the popular AAA saga to a whole new audience in Europe and the Americas, presented in glorious, high-definition visuals designed to take advantage of modern hardware. Following a successful Beta phase where players were able to test the waters, MMO fanatics in North and Latin America and Europe will soon be able to jump into the action themselves and explore a fascinating and strikingly beautiful world steeped in and inspired by the poetic lore of ancient Chinese culture.
- A Fantasy World Unlike Any Other: Inspired by the cultural myths and legends of ancient China, Swords of Legends Online features a vibrant tapestry of rich characters, fantastical settings, and a visual aesthetic that pays tribute to the lore that influenced the game—from historically accurate costumes down to the distinct flora and fauna of each region.
- Gods, Demons, and Brave Warriors: A fascinating tale of an ancient war between light and darkness only scratches the surface of an ongoing story that features powerful artifacts, epic battles, ferocious monsters, cults, brave warriors, and a quest to unlock the power of the Ancestral Sword!
- A Class for Every Playstyle: Whether you prefer the up close and personal melee warfare of the Berserker or the healing and support abilities of the Bard, with six initial classes, Swords of Legends Online allows you to play to your strengths and be an effective party member.
- Fast and Fluid Traversal: With such a vast amount of content available to explore, the ability to move quickly and gracefully across the map is vitally important. Characters in Swords of Legends Online can utilize sprinting and double-jumping in classic Wuxia style.
- Post-Raid Chill Zone: After a long day of battling demons for the fate of the world, players can retire to their home in the clouds, with fully customizable houses on their personal private islands in the sky which friends can visit! If you don’t feel like hosting, hop on a flying mount and explore a neighborhood filled with other players’ cozy abodes!
Swords of Legends Online is now available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available in three editions: $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99).
Keep up to date with the latest Swords of Legends Online news by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord, and by liking it on Facebook and the official Swords of Legends Online website.
SOURCE: Press Release