Eat Your Way Up the Ecosystem on a New Platform
Need more shaRkPG action in your life? Don’t worry, Tripwire Interactive and Deep Silver have your back. Maneater, the celebrated game where you play as a very angry bull shark is coming to Nintendo Switch this May, which means everyone who hasn’t already experienced the magic of vengefully flopping onto the shore to snarf down beachgoers will soon have a chance to do so. Did those tasty NPCs think it was safe to go back into the water? Ha! Even being inside a building won’t necessarily save them from this ticked-off eating machine. Video game villains, a word to the wise: don’t kill things for fun. That’s how you paint a target on your back–or boat, as the case may be.
In real life, sharks are unfairly slandered as mindless eating machines when they’re actually quite smart and serve a number of very important purposes in the oceans. An ocean without sharks is a very unhealthy place to live in or near, which may explain why the setting of Maneater is such a polluted hellscape. Either way, it’s a ton of fun to explore–and eat–your way through the gulf on a quest for revenge on the fisherman who killed your mother and left you permanently scarred.
The Switch version will feature:
- Eat: Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf: Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend: Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story: Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat: Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
- Includes the Tiger Shark Evolution: The Tiger Shark is often called the ‘garbage disposal of the sea.’ Appropriately enough, this evolution allows you to digest nearly anything, increasing your ability to gain vital nutrients from all varieties of prey.
Maneater will launch for Nintendo Switch on May 25th, 2021, at a price of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.