Free Packs Are Also Available
The Hearthstone Battlegrounds beta is now up and running. Players can now get a taste of what Blizzard has in store for its fans. Hearthstone, for those who do not know, is one of the most popular digital card games out there. Much like Gwent, Hearthstone very much resembles old school card games like Magic the Gathering. But instead of playing someone face to face, its over a computer screen.
There are up to three free packs of cards that everyone will have access to when they play the beta. To unlock these card you will have to complete quests like playing a couple of games of Hearthstone Battlegrounds. So nothing that you weren’t going to do anyway. A number of bugs have also been patched. Blizzard has decided to release them alongside Battlegrounds.
- Mama Bear: Changed from 5/5 giving +5/+5 to 4/4 giving +4/+4
- Kangor’s Apprentice: Changed from 4/8 to 3/6
- Temporal Tavern: Changed from 1 cost to 2 and now reads “Refresh Bob’s Tavern. Add a minion from a higher Tavern Tier.”
- Bananarama: Changed to “Passive Hero Power: Whenever you buy a beast, add a Banana to your hand.”
- Bloodfury: Hero power changed from 3 cost to 2.
Game Fixes and Improvements:
- Squelch now works as intended + no longer causes crashes under certain circumstances
- Daily Quests can now be rerolled
- Hallow’s End Arena Daily Quest can now be completed
- A variety of Android crashes have been fixed
- Memory optimization for Battlegrounds for devices with less than 2GB of RAM
Blizzard obviously has a lot more waiting in the wings in terms of new content for Hearthstone players. There are going to be new heroes added to the game as well as “a couple of very familiar faces.” Whatever that means.
It is safe to say that fans should be expecting big things in the next update. While Hearthstone is a very popular and well-liked game, Blizzard has struggled to expand on the game in a meaningful way. However, Hearthstone Battlegrounds is definitely a step in the right direction. This is the first new game mode that has been added in a very long time.