Take Down Oblivion Once Again
Nightdive Studios has announced that they are delaying the release of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered from 14 November to 30 November. The game will be available on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion Remastered is a faithful remake of the classic first-person shooter that originally came out in 2000 on the Nintendo 64. It is the first game that uses Nightdive Studios’s latest version of the KEX engine. It utilizes an improved renderer to achieve a higher tier of visual fidelity on 3D models, textures, and graphical effects.
This new version features upgraded gameplay, high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for gamepads. It is also fully optimized to play on modern devices with 4k resolution at 120FPS.
In the game, players will choose between two protagonists Joseph and Danielle Fireseed. They are the siblings of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil’s main protagonist Joshua Fireseed. Together, they must fight against the titular antagonist Oblivion, and its followers, the Flesh Eaters, following the apparent demise of their brother at the hands of this malevolent force.
The key features are:
– A remastered version of the 2000 classic, available for the first time since its Nintendo 64 release.
– Up to 4K 120 frames per second performance on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
– Advanced rendering features, including anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, and motion blur.
– Remastered environment art, character models, and updated weapon models.
– Optional motion/gyro controls for Switch and Gamepad Rumble.
– Trophies and Achievements on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.