How Long Can You Survive?
Team17 and Unicube Studios’ resource management/survival game Sheltered 2 is launching today. This game will build on the original Sheltered title with a new 3D art style, revamped combat systems, and even more punishing challenges.
Along with new challenges comes deeper strategic gameplay–oh, and the looming threat of extinction, if not the complete end of the world. Much like the original Sheltered, Sheltered 2 tasks players with surviving a post-apocalyptic landscape and the horrors it contains. This means finding and managing resources, keeping morale up, and finding ways to defend yourself against the other inhabitants of the wasteland. Oh, and there are now faction mechanics, too.
Key features include:
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can grab their weapons and take things the old-fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors, manage scarce resources, craft items needed to maintain the shelter, cook meals, and build equipment to keep their group alive, and with the expanded power system players can generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: New for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the most important member of a shelter, boasting their own unique and powerful traits, the faction leader will be pivotal to success, with their death meaning game over
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just some of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills coupled with the ability to build parties of four and targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat situations. Each action performed also has a stamina cost, so strategy will be at the forefront of every altercation, each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Sheltered 2 is now available on PC.