Changes Forms, Change the World
DrinkBox, the developer behind the luchadorable Metroidvanias, Guacamelee! and Guacamelee! 2 has announced a brand new IP, Nobody Saves the World.
The name isn’t meant to be taken literally, somebody does save the world… er, actually it is meant to be taken literally as Nobody saves the world. Um… What we mean is, in Nobody Saves the World, you take on the role of Nobody, the game’s protagonist who stumbles upon a magic wand that allows you to transform into different forms, who will presumably save the world by the end of the game? Or at least, that’s the goal, to “beat back The Calamity and Save the World”.
Nobody Saves the World will be releasing on PC, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One and will be available through Xbox Game Pass for both consoles and PC. While no release date has been given as of yet, DrinkBox has announced that the game will be coming soon.
Here are some notable gameplay features to look forward to in Nobody Saves the World:
- 15+ distinct forms to switch between
- Option to mix and match abilities across different forms
- Ability to unlock more powerful forms
- Procedurally generated dungeons scattered throughout the overworld
- Puzzles waiting to be solved
- A variety of quests to take on
Check out the announcement trailer below: