If You Go Down to the Woods Today…
The spookiest month continues to deliver with the announcement of Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition. Brought to you by Polish developer Bloober Team, in association with Lionsgate, the terrifying Blair Witch game will be available to experience in immersive virtual reality.
Released on current generation consoles and PC in August 2019, the Blair Witch game is set 2 years after the ground breaking found-footage movie of the same name. The player is put in the shoes of former police officer Ellis Lynch as he searches Black Hills Forrest for a missing 9-year old boy. We loved the game when it released, praising its engaging story and atmosphere, now we’re excited to try it again with the Oculus Quest Edition.
Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition features rebuilt environments designed to give players 360° of immersion, with more interactive content. Once you put on your Oculus headset, you’ll be able to:
- Catch, throw, and stack objects that you find throughout the woods
- Map out your theories with an interactive marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at your touch in your investigation
- Snap branches with your hands
- Operate handles and buttons and unlock doors with keys and codes plan escapes
- Play fetch with your canine companion Bullet
Team Bloober has been busy adding content to the game, including new sounds, encounters, and events, so that even returning players will find new surprises and scares. Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition has been designed to take advantage of its new hardware with support for higher resolution and high-quality textures, and will be available on the Oculus store for $29.99 on October 29th – just in time for Halloween!
Are you excited for Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition? What other horror films would you like to experience in VR? Let us know in the comments below!