An Update Coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint Makes Paid Content Free
Ubisoft is unlocking forty cosmetic items that were previously paid content for Ghost Recon Breakpoint in an upcoming update, making the content free for all. The developers have also added the ability to change your face and gender at any point without cost. Ubisoft apparently received a lot of complaints about the availability of customization throughout the game and so they expect these items to open that up more to gamers. Ghost Recon Breakpoint is available now for PC, PS4, Google Stadia and Xbox One.
By default, the following 40 cosmetic items that previously needed to be looted or purchased with Skell Credits have been unlocked for Ghost Recon Breakpoint gamers:
- 5 vests: 5.11 TACTEC Plate Carrier, 5.11 VTAC LBE, Blackhawk STRIKE Cutaway, Crye AVS1000, Blackhawk Strike Shoulder Pad
- 5 pants: 5.11 Apex, 5.11 Tactical Stryke Pant, Jeans, Cargo, Chino
- 5 headgear: Crye Airframe, Reversed Cap, Military Cap, Berret, ACH Helmet
- 2 gloves: S&S WetWorX, S&S WetWorX Assault
- 4 boots: Under Armour Alegent, Under Armour Valsetz RTS, Under Armour Speed Freek, Under Armour Shoes Infiltrator
- 4 gear paints: Gray Solid, Red Solid, Blue Solid, Coyote Brown Solid
- 1 shirt: Vasily Sniper
- 1 eyewear: Gatorz Magnum Sunglasses
- 1 karambit: Casper
- 4 emotes: Shotgun, Pistol, Rifle, Sniper
- 4 emblems: Red Fox, Lion, Grizzly Bear, Golden Eagle
- 4 card banners: Urban Tech, Mountain, Swamp, Coastal
Tactical vests have largely been improved with the upcoming update as well while other variations will be added in the future. Ghost Recon Breakpoint ver 1.03.1 is 11.3GB on consoles and 8.5GB on PC.
Many minor bug fixes such as gamers getting stuck when trying to leave PvP modes and the “Last Man Standing” buff while big bugs such as gamers losing items when going from PvP to PvE and mission objectives not updating properly.
Are you a Ghost Recon fan who’s excited for these changes coming to Breakpoint or did you not give this one a chance because of the controversy? Do less microtransactions in a game make you more likely to buy it? Let us know in the comments below!