Can You Survive the Best Ghost Recon Wildlands Has to Offer?
Another year brings another Special Operation update in Ghost Recon Wildlands, with Special Operation 2 bringing new features such as a lone wolf mode, a permadeath mode, and an overhaul to the PvP prestige system.
Special Operation 2 is a new, free update coming to Ghost Recon Wildlands, which brings some community-requested features alongside newer features. The centre of the update seems to be the new hardcore Ghost Mode.
You can check out the reveal trailer, as well as all the new features, below!
Designed only for the best of the best, Ghost Mode will push any players to their limits. You’ll be prompted to make a new character, however this time there are a series of rules you’ll need to stick to:
- You can only choose one primary weapon, so you’ll need to choose your weapon carefully.
- You can only change your loadout by using ammo box, or by looting an enemy.
- Realistic reloading means any bullets left in your clip when you reload are gone.
- Friendly fire has been added to Ghost Mode, so watch your shots.
- Most importantly, Ghost Mode deaths are permanent.
Ghost Mode is a free update for all players, but will be coming out a week early for Year 2 Pass members on July 24th. This mode is also available to all difficulty settings, and even has its own reward system for players who choose to take on this challenge (info on this will come with the patchnotes).
Special Operation 2
Other changes for Ghost Recon Wildlands coming in the Special Operation 2 update include:
- True Solo: Those who are truly looking for a lone wolf experience can now toggle off their AI teammates in both our Campaign and Ghost Mode. Up for the challenge?
- New PVP Maps: We have two new maps coming to Ghost War, including a highly community- requested snow map.
- Victory Screen: The taste of victory will be made even sweeter with the return of the Victory Screen at the end of Ghost War matches. The winning team will now get to show off their customization and victory poses after a well-earned win.
- Observer Mode: Take your Ghost War experience to the next level with our brand new Observer Mode. Simply go into Custom Matches to both watch and showcase your Ghost War games. Game on!
- Ghost War Challenges: New daily challenges will now be available in Ghost War, rewarding players with Prestige credits for their extra hard work.
- Prestige Economy: You shared your feedback, and we heard you! Special Operation 2 will bring an overhaul of our Prestige economy. You will now be able to earn Prestige Credits not only in Ghost War, but also in the Campaign too (including Ghost Mode). A new tab in the Store will be added to allow you to spend your Prestige Credits not only on Ghost War Classes, but on Prestige Packs too, which include customization items.
- New Customization Items: More than 100 new exclusive items have been added to our Battle Crates, including new Emotes, Voice Lines, customizable weapons, vehicles, and more!
There has also been a slight mention of some new PvE missions, and two new PvP classes, so stay tuned for more updates!
Are you excited for permadeath? Let us know what you think!