The Open-World RPG Is About To Get a Whole Lot Harder!
The latest update for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is currently available and includes two new difficulty modes (“Hard” and “Expert”) along with some bug fixes.
According to the patch notes, players will be able to change the difficulty at any time through the game’s menu options. “The higher the setting, the harder the battles will be, but this will be offset by rarer treasures from monsters, from the chests in the Faraway Forest, and certain other places,” the notes read. “You’ll also be able to access the true potential of accessories, with monsters occasionally dropping ones with two skills!” However, none of this affects any of the items you already own.
Also, the “maximum quality level” of equipment drops is higher on Hard and Expert mode and the chances of rare items dropping are increased if you play on either of those two difficulties.
Here are the rest of the patch notes:
- New equipment skills added.
- Rare accessories with second skill slot added.
- Various other game balance issues and minor bugs have also been addressed.
- A bug that allowed the airship to land in places where it should not be able to land has been fixed.
- Steam version only: A bug that made the player unable to control the camera at specific screen resolutions has been fixed.
If you’re interested in playing Ni no Kuni II then you should read our review!
Ni no Kuni II is out now for the PC & PS4.