Attention all those out there who like great games at a good price: atmospheric puzzler The Talos Principle is on sale right now on Steam for a confoundingly-low price of $10.99. That’s 75% off. As in, the regular price is $43.99, but it is $33.00 off right now.
The Talos Principle is a first-person puzzle game in the tradition of philosophical science fiction. Made by Croteam and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything), it has been met with great reviews for its deep story, great puzzles and thoughtful concept. In fact, back in 2014, our own Nick Plouffe reviewed the game, and loved it – check his review out here.
Here’s a description of The Talos Principle, from the game’s Steam page:
“As if awakening from a deep sleep, you find yourself in a strange, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology. Tasked by your creator with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles, you must decide whether to have faith or to ask the difficult questions: Who are you? What is your purpose? And what are you going to do about it?”
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, manipulate laser beams and even replicate time to prove your worth – or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game’s non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences and somebody’s always watching you.
You have until Monday March 10th at 10:00am to take advantage of the deal. Here is the Steam page for the game if you are interested.