Nintendo Switch Sports Coming This April
Nintendo Switch Sports will be available starting April 29. This follow-up to Wii Sports is honestly a long time coming. Hard to believe that Nintendo waited this long before coming out with another Wii Sports title for the Switch.
This party sports game will immediately have Soccer, Volleyball, Bowling, Tennis, Badminton, and Chambara (swordplay) available on day one. Golf is planned as a free update sometime in the fall. I’m not sure why Golf is going to come so late, but better late than never.
- Swing, kick, spike, and bowl your way to victory in six sports
- Play Soccer, Volleyball, Bowling, Tennis, Badminton, and Chambara (swordplay)
- Motion controls will get you moving and help turn your real-world actions into in-game movements
- Use the Leg Strap accessory to kick the ball in a Soccer Shoot-Out or, after a free update this summer, in Soccer matches as well
- Play online** and challenge random opponents to earn in-game rewards like clothing, gear, and much more or reach the Pro League
- Play with friends and family locally* or online**—in some sports, you and a friend can even team up on the same system to take on other teams online
- Golf is planned to be added via a free update this fall
This Nintendo Direct had plenty of big announcements that there should be something to satisfy every Nintendo fan. From the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement to the reveal of Nintendo to Switch Sports, it seems like another strong year for the Nintendo Switch.
What did you think of the Nintendo Direct? Do you think Nintendo Switch Sports can recapture that Wii Sports magic? Let us know in the comments below!