Death’s Gambit: Afterlife is a free update for Death’s Gambit that essentially doubles the game size. The free update is now available on PS4 and is a must-play if you enjoyed Death’s Gambit and just want some more of it.
Death’s Gambit: Afterlife adds 10 new levels, 22 new weapons, 100 talents, skills, storylines, cinematics, gameplay enhancements, and much more to make it the definitive edition of the game.
- Expansive World – Travel across a massive world of over 20 beautifully rendered levels. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life and uncover their secrets.
- Character Classes – Choose from 7 playable classes, pick from over 100 talents in the skill tree, and multi-class to tailor the combat style to your preference.
- Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all-new challenge and master their new abilities.
- Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 30 weapons, including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds, and more. Customize how you wield them with a plethora of abilities and upgrades.
- Alternate Endings – Determine Sorun’s fate as you progress through the story by achieving certain goals and making key decisions along the way.
- Crafting – Scavenge, hunt, and dismantle items you find throughout the world to create new and useful equipment for your struggle through Siradon.
It seems that Death’s Gambit has drastically improved with this update. It was already a well-liked game, so it is nice to see it get even better. The new Afterlife update certainly makes me more interested in the title. I do love a good metroidvania, but I haven’t had the chance to play Death’s Gambit yet.
It is always nice to see a game get a huge update. Of course, it is even better when said update is free. I’m sure fans of Death’s Gambit will appreciate this update, and I hope to appreciate it later.
Source: Press Release