Plan Port From Outer Space
After a bit of a wait, Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios have finally announced when Spacebase Startopia will be coming to Nintendo Switch. As it turns out, the date is sooner than we expected.
Fans of RTS, base-building, and comedic sci-fi will be able to construct a little slice of paradise in outer space on the Switch just next month at the end of September. There’s nothing quite like a simulation game to replace things it’s unsafe to do in real life, including going on vacation to a crowded resort. And this resort has cool aliens to learn about and manage. Also, there are cat cafes.
Game features include:
- The 10-mission, fully dubbed single-player campaign will require all your skills as Commander of the Spacebase Startopia as you strive to create one of the most attractive trade and tourism destinations in the known universe
- Each of the three decks will require your leadership skills — the Sub Deck containing all of the rooms vital to survival, while the Fun Deck focuses on your visitors, and the flora and fauna found on the Bio Deck provides sufficient resources for survival as well as a home for the graceful Dryads
- Prevail against your AI competitors, for you are not alone on the station. Sabotage your opponents’ economy or attack them with your mech units, conduct trade and beware of space pirates eager to board
- The dynamic narrator AI ‘VAL’ reacts to your decisions and is always at your side in both word and deed – alongside offering the occasional extremely unqualified comment
- Hone your skills as the Commander of Spacebase Startopia in the many challenges of the single-player campaign or play your way in the customisable sandbox mode
If you’re interested in exploring space, building a hotel in space, or hanging out with a not-at-all-homicidal-we-promise AI, then add Spacebase Startopia to your list. Nintendo Switch owners no longer have an excuse to miss out on this title.
Spacebase Startopia will be available for Nintendo Switch on September 24th, 2021. It is currently available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and PC on both the Kalypso Store and Steam.
What would you put on your space station? Let us know down in the comments, or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.