Conspiracy Theories, Laser Sharks, and Aliens, Oh My
How do you top a dark comedy revenge quest where a baby shark must become a mammoth superpredator to avenge the murder of her mother at the hand(s) of a brutal fisherman? Well, if you’re Maneater: Truth Quest, you throw conspiracy theories into the mix. And then you give the shark the ability to fire laser beams from her mouth, because who doesn’t love laser sharks?
In this game, narrator Trip Westhaven returns, having fallen down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole that leads him to believe aliens are responsible for the plight of Port Clovis. If his statements in this launch trailer are to be believed, then the only one capable of saving the town–or perhaps even humanity as a whole–is the titular maneater.
The launch trailer also shows off the maneater’s new evolution set as she battles the military, devours other fish, and swims uncomfortably close to the beach. The video also showcases the head of what appears to be some kind of crocodilian or mosasaur located deep in the sea, its jaws crackling with the same green glow as the maneater’s laser evolution set.
What, exactly, is going on in Port Clovis? Does anyone truly know? In order to find out, players must dive deep under the sea and ferret out the mysteries of this polluted–and quite possibly cursed–town. And hey, maybe the shark god will finally show up. That would be cool.
Key features include:
- New Story
- Play through a new full narrative, story-based expansion as Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell; SNL, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty) is back to narrate, having now been relegated to the online video streaming platform “ViewTube.”
- New Evolutions
- New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New Wildlife
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- Battle fierce wildlife, including evolved hunt creatures as you eat your way up the food chain to regain regional dominance.
- New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Nicknamed “Site P,” the Plover Island Military complex hosts land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
- New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
Maneater: Truth Quest DLC is now available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. It requires the base game to play.