Is That Shark Shooting Laser Beams?
Maneater has been a smash hit for good reason, and now Maneater: Truth Quest is setting up to take the game to another level. As we all know, the only thing more awesome than an action RPG where you play as a shark is a DLC expansion that lets your shark start shooting laser beams.
No, we aren’t joking–a new trailer for Maneater: Truth Quest just dropped and it shows off a glimpse of one new environment, several new enemy boats to fight, and the shark firing green lasers from its mouth. Needless to say, we’re incredibly excited, and after you watch this trailer you probably will be, too.
The “Maneater: Truth Quest Intel Drop – Site P” trailer gives us a sneak peek at the titular Site P, a small island located off Port Clovis that is supposed to be just a naval base. However, narrator Trip Westhaven is convinced that it’s actually the site of a rising new world order, and in true fictional conspiracy theorist fashion, he might be right–or maybe Site P is actually just the site of the navy’s ongoing attempts to stop the bull shark from running rampant in the ocean. Either way, we’re looking forward to seeing what the new location has in store for us.
Key features include:
- New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- New evolved hunt creatures
New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Military land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
Maneater: Truth Quest DLC will be available on August 31st, 2021, and will require the base game to play. It will be available for $14.99 / €14.99 / £12.99.