New Characters, New Moves, Classic Streets of Rage Action
Streets of Rage 4‘s latest DLC, Mr. X Nightmare, officially launches today and it’s bringing a ton of new options to the game. Ranging from the debut of new character Estel Aguirre to the fully realized playable versions of Streets of Rage favorites Max Thunder and Shiva, this expansion has a lot to offer players.
The trailer begins with a list of accolades earned by Streets of Rage 4 before sliding right into the good stuff: the combat. The opening scenes show off every playable character in the game racking up combos and destroying their opponents, including the newcomers.
From there, the trailer begins to showcase other new additions like Survival Mode, new moves, new weapons, and new tunes, all while the cast continues to beat the hell out of anyone in their way. This video is definitely a great way to get your blood pumping before you settle down to play.
Key features include:
- Playable New Fighters: Introducing the playable debut of powerful officer Estel Aguirre, with the awaited return of fully realized playable versions of Max Thunder and Shiva, both beloved characters of Streets of Rage 2 & Streets of Rage 3.
- Survival Mode: An inventive, immensely replayable challenge where fighters beat down endless waves of foes and earn perks for as long as they can stay alive. The Random version of this mode keeps each fight unpredictable through generated runs, and the Weekly version has a series of static gauntlets generated each week that keeps players on their toes as they brawl their way through the streets of rage and fight for the top spot. Each completed level offers a choice of randomized stackable perks to choose from.
- New Moves: Braving Survival’s onslaughts also permanently unlocks new moves for use across any of Streets of Rage 4’s modes, allowing players to personalize movelists for their favorite characters. Even Retro characters now have new moves.
- New Badass Weaponry: Progress unlocks devastating new weapons within the incoming training mode, as well as gallery content.
- Leaderboards Show Who’s the Boss: The mode’s leaderboards keep track of the community’s well-fought runs too; who will be Wood Oak City’s finest fighter?
- New Tunes: Keep groovin’ with original music from Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends).
- And Wait, There’s Even Moaaar: A separate free update adding an in-depth training system, color palette options, a fiendish New Mania+ difficulty, plus a wealth of refinements and balancing changes addressing feedback from Streets of Rage 4’s passionate community.
To celebrate, Streets of Rage 4 is currently 40 percent off on Steam and Nintendo Switch. The Mr. X Nightmare DLC is 10 percent off on PS4 and 15 percent off on Nintendo Switch, Steam, and Microsoft Store PC versions from July 15th – July 29th, 2021.