It Will Be Localized in 15 Languages and Include a Ton of New Features
It’s official: Forza Horizon 5 was announced at E3 2021’s Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase and it looks amazing. As we theorized earlier, this upcoming open-world racer will take players to Mexico and treat them to gorgeous visuals. Forza Horizon 5 is the most anticipated racing game on any platform and it’s easy to see why. But what do we actually know about Forza Horizon 5 so far? The answer is more than you might think, as a FAQ page was recently posted to the franchise’s support website. Let’s take a look at some of what we currently know about Forza Horizon 5.
First up, Forza Horizon 5 will be offering the largest and most diverse open-world in the series. It features an evolving landscape with limitless driving action and hundreds of the world’s greatest cars. The game will feature localized text in 15 languages and provide full localized voiceover support for English, French, German, Mexican Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Players will be able to collect hundreds of cars, with more information on Garage capacity coming later this year. It will feature 4K resolution at 30fps on Xbox Series X and play at 1080p resolution at 30fps on Xbox Series S. Gamers will also be able to enjoy a 60fps performance mode on both platforms.
Game features will include:
- Horizon Story – Experience a deep and rewarding campaign, where you will meet new characters and determine the outcome of their Horizon Story missions. You will take on expeditions across the map, battling the elements in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars.
- Forza LINC– The new AI assistant that intelligently tracks your status, the people you meet online and then helps you Link Up and play together.
- Horizon Arcade – With 130 challenges spanning 11 total game themes Horizon Arcade invites players to journey to Arcade markers across the map to engage in various challenges and mini games.
- EventLab – The incredible new toolset that allows you to create your very own races, game modes and game play experiences – you customize everything – right down to the fundamental rules of the game.
- Horizon Open – Refines the traditional Forza Horizon PvP experience with an emphasis on lower friction and fun by unifying it under one banner, allowing players to seamlessly jump into sessions for Racing, Games, Drift, Eliminator and more and stay until they have had their fill.
- Horizon Tour – See players jump into races from anywhere across the world, meeting up with other players to race against Drivatars on Average difficulty. This mode captures the experiences of a car-meet, with players meeting up in the world to race and having the option to continue together to the next Tour location in the world.
- Vehicle Customization – A complete UX overhaul to bring the experience in-line with modern image manipulation software. We have also added 100 new rims, hundreds of new visual upgrades, and thousands of performance upgrades.
- Character Customizer – Improved to provide players with a more diverse cast of selectable characters. New customization options include the ability to customize hair style and color, select prosthetic limbs, choose pronouns, select from different voices and the ability to purchase clothing with credits.
- Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.
- Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
Forza Horizon 5 will be available for Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC on November 9th, 2021. It is currently available for pre-order.