Everything You Need to Get Ready For a Summer Trip to the Exclusion Zone
Upcoming sci-fi survival horror RPG Chernobylite finally has all its ducks lined up (note: the final game may not contain ducks) which means the final pre-launch patch has arrived, bringing with it a host of updates, upgrades, and general ups. This ominous and turbulent tale of love, grief, and desperation was already designed to be as beautiful, haunting, and horrifying as possible, but The Farm 51 have taken it to a new level. Now Chernobylite doesn’t just include a chillingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and set you loose to fight for survival–it also contains an overhauled story and an enchanting and hideous atmosphere that feels like it just might crush the life out of you, the player. Take a look at how it manifests in this release date trailer.
Features added by the final pre-launch patch include:
- The entire storyline of the game has been thoroughly rewritten to make sure the Chernobylite mystery will be one to remember.
- We’ve significantly improved player immersion with all new voiceovers in English and Russian.
- Localization for all major languages is now complete, including; simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Spanish, allowing gamers to enjoy Chernobylite in their native language.
- A brand-new and original soundtrack from award-winning composer Mikolaj Stroinski has been implemented, building a whole new layer to a world already steeped in ambiance.
- The first part of the new level – Heist, has been added to tease what will await gamers in the grand finale.
If you want a more detailed list of all the updates and changes included in the patch, check it out HERE.
Chernobylite is currently in Steam Early Access, where it can be purchased 20% off until April 30th, 2021. The full game will be available for PC, PS4, and Xbox One in July, 2021.