Valhalla’s River Raid Mode Sets Sail
Ubisoft has just announced that a major new update is set to hit Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla on all platforms on February 16. The update, version 1.1.2 will address a multitude of issues found in the game, in addition to adding new skills, abilities, and an all new mode –River Raid Mode.
We’ve outlined some of the most notable details of the update below:
YULE SEASON: RIVER RAIDS GAME MODE
We added in-game support for River Raids.
- Prepare your Jomsviking crew for this new highly replayable mode that will take you to unexplored regions of England, which is full of raiding opportunities. New loot, rewards, and challenges await the Raven Clan!
- The River Raids Mode is part of the Yule Season content. It is free for all Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla players, and it is accessible in-game after downloading Title Update 1.1.2.
- Berserker Trap: This attaches a trap to your arrow, spreading hallucinatory powder. Any nearby movement causes the trap to trigger. Surprise clueless passersby!
- Battle Cry: In a fit of rage, Eivor lets out a blood curdling scream, gaining strength and causing nearby enemies to stumble backwards in fear, interrupting their attacks.
- Shoulder Bash: Eivor performs a shoulder bash that pushes back enemies and destroys objects.
- Assassin Carry: Automatically carry a body after a successful assassination.
- Assassin Slide: Slide into enemies and knock them off balance while sprinting.
- Power Stroke: Trigger a speed boost on the long ship at the cost of stamina.
- Arrow Looter: Eivor has a greater chance of looting arrows from archers.
- Fight Ready: Always start a fight with an adrenaline-filled slot.
- Long Ship Brace: When you are in command of the long ship, the crew will raise their shield with you.
PATCH SIZES AND DEPLOYMENT TIMING:
- Xbox Series X|S: ~19.53 GB
- Xbox One: ~15.27 GB
- PlayStation®5: ~11.18 GB
- PlayStation®4: ~10.23 GB
- PC: ~18.04 GB
You can view all of the patch notes for the update right here.
The update will release at 1 PM CET, 7 AM EST, 4 AM PST, and 11 PM AEDT on February 16.