These Tiny Ninja Sure Spend a Lot of Their Time Dancing
It’s that time of year again: Ninjala Season 4 is out and it’s hit the ground running. Just like Season 3, Season 4’s promos spend a lot of time focusing on dancing–though this time, it’s more about the dance battles than the wide-scale ninja dance parties. We’re starting to think that maybe the devs should just make a dancing spin-off game. If it works for Persona, it could work for Ninjala. Fortunately, the trailer also gives us a great look at the new stage, Fort Riverdale, a London-themed stage set in the nighttime city underneath an enormous full moon. It looks absolutely gorgeous and we can’t wait to fight there. Take a look.
This season features:
- New stage, Fort Riverdale, is a London-themed ‘nighttime’ stage, the first of its kind. It features a giant clocktower, a gum factory, and a background filled with beautiful city skylines. The stage has more elevation differences than previous maps and features two new gimmicks: the Warp Gate and the Giant Gum Gacha.
- Warp Gate allows players to travel between similarly colored Warp Gates around the stage. Think of it like the Underground, except actually fast.
- Giant Gum Gacha is triggered by pressing a switch, spitting out a piece of gum with a variety of effects. It could increase players S-Energy, but watch out! Some gum may even cause damage.
- Two new Katana type weapons, Scrap Saber and Chewing V, cut ahead of the competition.
- New Ninjutsu Shinobi Disco creates a dance field that forces all who enter to bust a move. Other actions will be tough to pull out when boogying to the beat.
- New Special Froggy Block summons a box-wall either in front of players as a normal attack or near a targeted opponent as a wide attack.
- Two new Shinobi Cards are ready for play, including Energy Hoarder, which increases the amount of S-Energy recovered when collecting it on the map; and Quick Respawn, which allows players to respawn in place with low health up to three times.
- Other improvements incoming include decreased time between finding and starting a match, favorites now able to be saved separately, and Spectators being able to host a room.
As if that weren’t awesome enough, we’ve also got a brand new episode of Ninjala 2D Cartoon Anime, this one focusing on street dancer-slash-vigilante Emma. A mysterious talent scout could change her life, but who does Lauren Warren really work for? And why is Emma splitting her focus between dancing and fighting for justice, anyway? These questions and more will be answered in Episode 5 of Ninjala 2D Cartoon Anime, which is honestly way too long to say more than once. Who do they think they are, Samurai Pizza Cats?
Ninjala Season 4 drops today, so what are you waiting for? Hit the streets like a ninja!