Winter Comes for Ethan
At the moment, Capcom is still being playfully cryptic about the exact plot details of Resident Evil Village, but PlayStation is being remarkably straightforward about the game’s technical specs. The next installment of the franchise which gave the survival horror genre its name will include full support for DualSense and Tempest 3D AudioTech, amazingly quick load times thanks to the console’s fast SSD. But that’s not all. The world of Resident Evil will take on a whole new dimension with dynamic 4K resolution and ray tracing, creating an atmosphere like nothing we’ve seen before.
But that’s far from the only technical info we have to share with you. This newest outing into pseudo-scientific zombie infestations promises the following features:
- Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village’s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
- Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
- *Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.
In our view, that’s definitely worth being hyped about, even with the asterisk.
Resident Evil Village will be a next-gen exclusive, released for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series S and X at some point in 2021.