Fallout 76’s Wastelanders Update Gets a Private Test Server Later This Month
A PC-only private test server for Fallout 76’s upcoming Wastelanders update goes live on January 17th, Bethesda announced Friday. The opt-in period for the test server ends on January 14th at 3 PM PST/6 PM EST.
The Wastelanders update will feature a new main quest, companions, factions, and new settlements so if you’re interested in testing it out then here’s a rundown of how the private test server works, according to Bethesda:
- The Wastelanders Private Test Server is PC-ONLY.
- Invited players will be required to complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in the launcher before PTS installation. You will not be allowed to share, stream, record, or discuss any information from this experience.
- PTS playtesting will take place on an in-development Wastelanders build, and you should expect to encounter issues during gameplay. Please report any bugs you find to us so that we can investigate them.
- This Private Test Server is reserved for Wastelanders. It is separate from our upcoming Public Test Server, which is still under development.
- Any progress you make will be saved so that you can pick up where you left off every time you access the Wastelanders PTS.
- However, due to the nature of testing it may become necessary for us to wipe all PTS progress, but we will let you know ahead of time if we plan to do this.
- Additionally, your progress on the PTS will not transfer to the live version of the game when Wastelanders is released.
- We want to hear from YOU! If you are selected to participate, you may be asked to provide feedback on specific aspects of the game, respond to surveys, or participate in group discussions.
What do you think of this news? Go ahead and speak your mind in the comments section below.