It Should Be Called the “PS4 Pro Controller”
Something new has hit the market, and it looks (and probably feels) better than most hardware in the industry. In case you didn’t know, ASTRO Gaming, a big shot in the realm of gaming equipment, has just unleashed their first controller. So lets dive into what makes it special.
ASTRO’s new C40 TR Controller is a sleek piece of software-manipulating equipment, the premium kind. As the company totes it, it’s highly customizable and adapts to any gaming environment. From the salt-filled pro circuits to the saltier competitions with friends, Astro’s new controller offers a variety of unique features for a competitive edge. Just as important, it’s ergonomic, which means it won’t wear and tear down on you from sweaty use. It might also be one of the sexiest pieces of hardware you’ve laid eyes on. It has to be, considering the price tag. Compatible with Windows PC and the PlayStation 4, the controller will cost $199.00 (($269.99 CAD)) at several participating retailers. That includes BestBuy, Amazon, GameStop, and more.
Here’s a controller that’s been tested and designed with gamer feedback. Hence why it’s been branded for eSports and competitive gamers – It’s reliable and packaged with replaceable parts.
“Our products have dramatically changed the esports landscape – improving team and player performance along the way,” said Aron Drayer, Vice President of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “Our new ASTRO C40 TR Controller is the next natural evolution of our continued commitment to esports, pro gaming and gamers in general. After more than two years of development while incorporating feedback from pro gamers, we’re excited to finally get the C40 TR into the hands of customers. The C40 TR will be a literal game changer.”
As someone who’s had thumbsticks jam and triggers break on multiple controllers, the Astro seems like an enticing piece of tech. However, you can check out the varied features and decide for yourself.
- REPLACEABLE, SWAPPABLE STICK MODULES: Quickly and easily swap the Analog Stick or D-Pad Modules for consistently sharp performance. Setup the controller in either Offset or Parallel configurations. Replaceable Stick Caps provide added customization for a competitive advantage.
- INTEGRATED, REMAPPABLE REAR BUTTONS: Optimum rear button layout for superior ergonomics improves precision during critical moments. Mappability streamlines the controller for any genre and playstyle while improving response time and accuracy. Remap buttons and save your mappings directly on the controller with no PC software required.
- ASTRO CUSTOMIZATION SOFTWARE: ASTRO customization software exponentially increases the C40 TR’s versatility and accuracy. Create profiles that can be switched directly from the controller. Adjust trigger and stick sensitivity, remap buttons, tweak EQ, audio output, mic out and sidetone.
- WIRED/WIRELESS MODES: With the on-board Mode Switch, quickly change between wired and ASTRO’s proprietary 2.4 GHZ wireless mode to adapt to any gaming environment. Both offer low-latency for pro level performance.
- WIRELESS AUDIO: The C40 TR Controller delivers high fidelity game sound and voice chat in Wired and Wireless mode via the 3.5mm jack. The C40 offers game sound and voice chat in Wireless mode. Compatible with any gaming headset with a 3.5mm jack.
- TRIGGER STOPS: Quickly and easily activate the trigger stops, which adjusts the trigger pull distance, to allow hair trigger performance in most FPS titles.
- 12 HOUR BATTERY LIFE: Outlast your game with up to 12 hours of battery life.
- INCLUDED TRAVEL CASE: Travel safe and secure with the travel case for the C40 TR. Protect your controller, module, stick caps and tool all in one hard-shelled case.
- TOURNAMENT READY: Ready for any environment, the TR line of ASTRO Gaming products deliver premium design and performance for every type of gamer. All Tournament Ready products are designed and developed to meet the demanding specifications of pro gamers.
We’re curious, what are your thoughts on the new ASTRO C40 TR? Would you swap it with your current hardware? Comment down below. The controller is available for pre-order now and will see its debut in early 2019. Check back for updates.
SOURCE: Press Release