A Game Made in Cooperation With Military Professionals
Directly from Poland, game developer The Farm 51 has unveiled their modern military first-person shooter. World War 3, as it is called, grants players an immersive multiplayer experience with large-scale combat. The game focuses on realism, portraying realistic military units, encouraging team-based combat, and pitting players head-to-head in true-to-life locations.
Even with its mechanical authenticity, World War 3 comes with the option to customize your experience. Players will have access to life-like weapons and loadouts, which were produced in cooperation with actual military R&D. In other words, the game offers the closest simulation to a real-life World War 3 scenario. It brings a glimpse of what combat would like in a hypothetical global conflict, and it is entering Steam Early Access.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Warzone and Recon – a complete package: World War 3 presents a modern conflict with tactics, techniques and procedures inspired by true combat engagements. Warzone offers opportunities for dynamic, intense firefights in teamwork-focused battles of infantry and armored units over fortified points. The tactically-oriented Recon allows players to cooperate within small reconnaissance squads left on their own to survive and capture high-value targets in hostile territory. Together these modes create a coherent gameplay experience aimed at presenting the actual feel of modern warfare.
- True combat experience: The most authentic bullet vs. armor system in the FPS genre to date, achieved through years of research and development with military professionals. Ballistics, a weight system, full body awareness, vehicle physics, and an extensive customization system all affect the gameplay in a meaningful way.
- Strong teamplay: World War 3 supports team-based gameplay rewarding the initiative in playing as a part of a squad. Responsible cooperation within a squad is the best recipe for combat effectiveness. Players can choose between assuming the role of an Attacker or a Defender, and use any gear available to support their playstyle – what matters is the victory.
- Strategic war map: To show the consequences of every battle, player performance is rewarded with resources used to conquer or defend a territory, gain additional bonuses via the metagame and turn the tide of war. Every destroyed vehicle, every kill, every bullet fired, every achievement affects the big picture presented on a constantly evolving, interactive war map eventually covering the entire planet.
- National pride: World War 3 is heavily grounded in military realism, offering accurate depictions of weapons, uniforms and equipment of national armed forces inspiring players to make their war effort personal and prove their country is the dominant force on the battlefield. The maps are based on real-life locations such as the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow (more locations planned) recreated with an unprecedented attention to detail.
- Versatile customization: Players are able to personalize every part of their equipment, choosing from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon parts, attachments, skins, camos and paints. The same applies to vehicles and tactical gear and uniforms. If it’s possible in real life, it’s possible in World War 3.
- No strings attached: No paid loot boxes and pay-to-win approaches to game design. We consider it very important to stay true to the community and deliver the best game we can without resorting to such practices – as players ourselves we believe that the sense of pride and accomplishment should come with no paywall.
World War 3 is developed by a studio with 13 years of experience. The team is comprised of FPS enthusiasts who combine advanced game development techniques with the study of military armed forces. Though no release date has been announced yet, we expect an Early Access launch day soon. Keep it locked for updates.
SOURCE: Press Release