New ARK: Survival Evolved game PixARK Coming to Early Access
Today, Snail Games announced that open world voxel-based sandbox survival game PixARK will be entering Early Access on Steam and Xbox Games Preview in late March. Inspired by the world of the multi-million selling ARK: Survival Evolved, PixARK will be coming via retail and digital distribution to PC, Microsoft Xbox One and Xbox One X, Sony PlayStation 4 and the Nintendo Switch later in 2018. PixARK is expected to receive an E10+ rating from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) in North America and a 12 from PEGI in Europe.
In PixARK, a group of players wake up on a mysterious island, only to find themselves stranded. To survive, they must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops and build shelters to protect themselves from dinosaurs, natural hazards and potentially hostile human players. Using skills and the natural resources around them, players must tame or kill vicious creatures and learn to travel between worlds to uncover the mysteries that surround them.
PixARK is an open world voxel-based sandbox survival game bringing a new take on the world of ARK: Survival Evolved. The game will feature:
- Single player and online multiplayer
- The ability to collect and craft items and build bases
- Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride
- Character progression and customization
- Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same
- Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine
- More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more
- Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds
Since its launch into Steam’s early access program in June 2015, over 12 million survivors have been stranded on the ARK island, wandering an incredible land to discover how to tame, train, ride and breed the 100+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures roaming the land.
Source: Press Release