The success story of Croatian developer Little Green Men Games continues apace, as their spin-off title to Starpoint Gemini 2 will release this April 2016 into Steam’s Early Access program. Star Point Gemini Warlords (PC), published by Iceberg interactive, is a unique blend of space sim, RPG and 4X games focused on larger ships, ranging from gunships to carriers. Conduct research and construction in your own gigantic space station, send your war fleets into enemy territory, lead your heroic companions into battle, build up your stronghold, trade, mine, salvage and remind your enemies why they fear you.
Developer Little Green Men Games has built a remarkably vibrant community around the Starpoint Gemini franchise, and is renowned for proactively engaging with their fans. With Warlords, the developer is once again looking forward to invaluable feedback during Early Access, which will ultimately result in a truly fulfilling player experience.
- Headquarters. Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
- Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
For more information on Starpoint Gemini Warlords, head on over to their official website.
SOURCE: Press Release