Deep Survival Management With Beautiful Animations
If you’ve ever sought an interactive take on the harsh life of a Viking colonist, French developer CCCP may have the experience for you. Dead in Vinland is a new title for PC and Mac tells a tale of Vikings in the New World, and it is available now.
Dead in Vinland offers an intimate management experience with Survival RPG elements through its unique setting and cast of characters. After starting a new settlement, the task of allocating resources and labor falls to you. And how you conserve basic necessities could ultimately determine the fate of your people and your brave new settlement. But you’re not alone, and the world serves as an unforgiving character of its own. Difficult choices, beautiful animations and maps, and tactical combat come together in this Viking tale.
Dead in Vinland Key Features:
- Deep survival management simulation: Find and gather resources, secure supplies of food, manage the physical and mental health of your team, fight diseases and wounds, ration water supplies, and face terrible storms and droughts
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there is no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions! With turn-based gameplay you have the time to make the best decisions. You’ll have to adapt to any crisis the game throws your way
- Three modes of difficulty: One for enjoying the story, another for a challenging story, and the third for an extremely difficult mode that even the developers can’t beat!
- Manage your community of up to 14 playable characters: Each with their own strengths, flaws, and unique stories, influence how their relationships evolve with meaningful dialog choices, and expect possible romances and betrayals
- Build your camp: Craft more than 130 upgrades for bonuses and expand your shelter with 18 activity stations, each with its own contributing mechanics
- Live your own adventure: complete 70 non-linear quests to reach the end of the game and learn about what happened to your characters after the end depending on your choices
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas with hundreds of objects to interact with as players can unveil the many secrets of the island and its beautiful, hand-painted landscapes
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, and randomly generated character traits every time they level up
- Tactical turn-based combat system: Quick and deadly 3v3 battles with five unique playable character classes, each with its own set of fighting skills, and five passive classes
We’re overjoyed to release at last our little baby after 2 years of intense development! We can’t wait to see how players will struggle to survive and see the end of this journey into Hell, and what strategies they will discover that even ourselves weren’t aware of,” said Matthieu Richez, CEO of CCCP and Lead Game Designer. “We’ll offer a good beer to the first player who reaches the end of the game in hard + true Viking mode… Good luck!“
Dead in Vinland is available now on PC and Mac for $19.99 USD/ €19.99. There is currently a 10% launch week discount when you pick up the game on Steam, GOG, or Origin, and it will last until Thursday, April 19, at 10:00 AM PDT. Alternatively, you can stay tuned for our review of the game due to arrive very soon.
SOURCE: Press Release