Turtle Beach Recon Chat has Sounds You Can Hear
We’ve seen the MLG tournaments with everyone – and I mean everyone – rocking the biggest headsets with the squishiest earpieces, and they are almost always Turtle Beach. Then you go looking for those pro headsets and run into a $300 wall.
That usually stops the average gamer. If not, you’ve got a lot of disposable income, bub.
However, Turtle Beach has introduced more affordable lines of headsets with their Recon series. This newest release, the Turtle Beach Recon Chat, is for Xbox One and PS4 gamers who want to get their hands on a better headset than whatever comes from the manufacturer. Now, for the price: a cool $19.95. You’d think at those prices, they would ship you a plastic cone for the listenin’s and a tin can for the talkin’s!
This is why it’s a steal – $20 gets you in the door for Turtle Beach’s audio and mic technology. While not as good as the pro gamer headsets in that sweet $300 price margin, it is still better than the generic brands.
Here’s what you get with the Recon Chat:
- 3.5 mm jack, so it’s compatible with anything that has a headphone jack. You could plug it into your computer, your phone, your tablet, your cat’s anus and look pretty cool.
- Mute and volume in-line controls (read, a little switch on the cord itself)
- Reversible over-ear design to be worn on the right or left, or as I like to call it, right and nega-right.
- Glasses-friendly SpecsFit™ cushion which is HUGE for any myopic miscreant
- Omni-directional boom mic for MAXIMUM TRASH TALK
- 40mm speaker for HEARING MAXIMUM TRASH TALK
And it’s an open-ear speaker system, so you’re not deaf in one ear by your adversaries scream-cursing your name as they wither and die in front of you.
All in all, pretty good price point for a good name.
START TRASH TALKING NOW.