Resident Evil 2 Demo Video
Resident Evil 2 originally came out back in 1998, and now the survival horror game is back and more terrifying than ever. Capcom released a short demo for the game on January 11, giving a small, 30-minute taste of the game to all players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. Check out our video below to see our full, one-shot walkthrough of the Resident Evil 2 demo.
The remake of Resident Evil 2 features a brand new over-the-shoulder camera with stunning graphics that fit perfectly into the current age of gaming. Being a full-on remake rather than a simple remaster, we can expect lots of new gameplay elements that still remain true to the original. While the demo offers a limited glimpse at the game, the full release will have two bonus modes including The 4th Survivor and The Tofu Survivor.
The demo will remain available to all players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC until the end of the month.
Here is some more info about the game:
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival