Street Fighter V’s second Big Update, Version 1.03 has Arrived
…and it’s nothing but goodness. The best part? We can now use Guile. Thanks, Version 1.03!
Even though he’s now wearing a collared shirt and tie, Guile still retains his classic charge move-set (and fancy hairdo). Unlike some other classic characters, his classic outfit can be purchased once his story mode is completed. Both the sonic boom, and somersault kick are back, but he can now advance, while crouching and charging, which makes him very fun to experiment with. His V-Skill and V-Trigger are both sonic boom related: his v-trigger is a stationary projectile, which can be used to trap opponents, or be used to power up sonic booms, and his v-skill is a volley of sonic booms, which can be changed up with different button presses.
Because Street Fighter V’s Zenny system isn’t ready yet, Guile, like Alex, is temporarily free to use. Once the “Zenny update” occurs, players will have to pay in-game fight money, or purchase Zenny with real money, in order to use the brush-headed wonder.
Guile’s Air Force Base is the first new stage added to Street Fighter V, and it is as close as you could hope and imagine, to his stage from Street Fighter II! It’s even got a new version of his classic theme music! The stage costs a very reasonable 70,000 fight money to purchase, and Season Pass holders get it for free.
A new punishment system has been implemented to prevent rage-quitters (folks who quit matches before they’re finished, so their shining reputation isn’t tarnished). If they do so, they will receive a message telling them they are temporarily locked out of match-making. Capcom has said that they are going to monitor this, and enhance this penalty system in future updates.
There are bug fixes related to online play, which will make it easier to connect Battle Lounges, and loosen restrictions on finding opponents. There is also a ton of character bug fixing and balancing, including:
Ryu/M. Bison/Vega(no claw)
- Bug: After dishing out Ryu & Vega’s (no claw) C. LP or M. Bison’s C. LK, while doing a light attack rapid cancel at the absolute latest timing possible, if you input another action (V-Skill, Special Move, etc.) at the same time, if the opponent does an attack the “other action” will come out, and when the opponent does nothing, the rapid cancel attack will come out, creating a special option select.
- Fix: Made the rapid cancel timing of said moves 1F shorter.
- Bug: In the guard animation branch of Ryu’s C. HK, there was a counter box that was present up to the 13th frame. Therefore, during this time it was possible to eat counter damage.
- Fix: Adjusted the counter box on Ryu’s C. HK so that it is no longer present after the hitbox is no longer active.
- Bug: In Ken’s C. LP (including rapid cancels), for the 3 frames that it takes for the hitbox to become active, there wasn’t a crouching state set to the move. This allowed moves that are only intended to hit standing opponents to hit Ken.
- Fix: Adjusted the first 3 frames of Ken’s C. LP (including rapid cancels) so that Ken is in crouching state.
- Bug: In Ken’s M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, the feint box that causes the opponent to go into a guarding standby state was not functioning correctly. The V-Trigger M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku also caused the same phenomenon.
- Fix: Corrected the feint box on Ken’s M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku so that it functions correctly, forcing the opponent to guard when used from a certain distance.
- Bug: When a portion of Ken’s EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) hits as a ground counter hit, the hit real animation of the opponent continues when knocked into the air, which is an unnatural behavior.
- Fix: Adjusted that specific portion of the EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) so that when it hits as grounded counter hit, the correct knock up motion occurs.
- Bug: In Chun-Li’s EX Hyakuretsukyaku, after the move has completely ended (freeze state finished), she was unable to perform mobility actions (move forward/back or jump).
- Fix: Adjusted EX Hyakuretsukyaku so that she is moveable after the move has completely ended.
- Bug: In Chun-Li’s J. MP, she can follow up with Yosokyaku to EX Airborne Hyakuretsukyaku on counter hit.
- (There is an unintentional difference between the number of continuous airborne hit limiter values between when this hits as a normal and when it hits as a counter hit)
- Fix: Adjusted the juggle potential of Chun-Li’s J. MP so that it is the same whether or not it is a normal hit or a counter hit.
- Bug: Cammy’s S. HK’s hit box is no longer active, she was throw invincible.
- Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy’s S. HK & Lift Combination while the move is active.
- Bug: While Cammy’s EX Razer Edge Slicer is active, she was throw invincible.
- Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy’s EX Razer Edge Slicer while it is active.
- Bug: During C. MK, Dhalsim was throw invincible.
- Fix: Added a throw box to Dhalsim’s C. MK.
- Bug: When the fourth hit of Karin’s EX Mujinkyaku hits an airborne opponent, the opponent’s float is differed from when it is a normal hit and when it is a counter hit.
- Fix: Made it so that the 4th hit of EX Mujinkyaku would cause the same float on counter hit as it does on normal hit.
- Bug: There were 2 bugs in Karin’s EX Ressenha.
- ①When the second hit hits as a counter hit, the opponents Critical Gauge increase would be “0”
②On counter hit, EX Ressenha’s starting juggle potential would be “0” for each hit.
- Fix: Adjusted EX Ressenha on counter so that the opponent’s gauge increase and starting juggle potential are the same as when it is a normal hit.
- Bug: Under specific circumstances, how S. MP hits changes from when on the right corner or on the left corner.
- Fix: Expanded S. MP’s hit box downward so that the move yields the same results in both corners.
- Bug: When rapid canceling Necalli’s C. LP during V-Trigger, the advantage after hit would be plus 1F more than the normal version.
- Fix: Unified Necalli’s V-Trigger C. LP to the normal version.
- Bug: When throwing an opponent with Psycho Fall, depending on M. Bison’s position and the side he is facing, the distance the opponent is thrown greatly changes, which was unintended.
- Fix: Adjusted the behavior of Pyscho Fall so that the distance the opponent is thrown is fixed.
- Bug: When M. Bison takes damage in the middle of performing and EX Double Knee press, the opposing character’s behavior would be irregular after the hit.
- Fix: Changed the behavior after hit on the EX Double Knee Press.
- Bug: In R. Mika’s C. HK, there wasn’t a throw box in place.. Even though the move is visually performed on the ground, it was throw invincible.
- Fix: Added a throw box to R. Mika’s C. HK while the move is active.
- Bug: The the time frame of the stop theatrics applied to an opponent hit by Sledge Hammer differs from when Sledge Hammer is used on its own and when it is used in a combo canceling from another move. Due to this, the circumstances are different after Sledge Hammer hits as part of a combo.
- Fix: Made it so that the time frame of the stop theatrics of the Sledge Hammer (when canceled into) is the same as when it is used on its own.
Whew! Although this update was nothing but good news (except for that whole server down for 10 hours part), there’s still no Arcade Mode, or Cinematic Story Mode. And there’s at least four more characters on the way, so for more info on future Street Fighter V updates, keep it locked to COGconnected.