Time to Save the Universe
After its successful release for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch on 31 January, THQ Nordic is proud to release SpongeBob Squarepants: the Cosmic Shake on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S today. Yes, you heard it right, you can finally become the hero of Bikini Bottom on your next-gen consoles.
Wait, that is not the end, it comes along with new exciting features. This includes the photo mode, brilliant new costumes, and overall game improvements. Those who already got the game will receive a free Gen 9 upgrade.
Here is a quick recap of the story of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake- The random shenanigans of SpongeBob and Patrick have caused magical WishWorlds to open up everywhere, resulting in chaos throughout the city.
What started out as a fun and harmless activity with Bubble Soap is starting to undone the fabric of the universe. But it is nothing that our beloved sponge can’t handle with the right cosmic costume. So, he sets out to save the universe with his best buddy Patrick on an epic adventure.
The new features coming today are:
All platforms (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox X/S, PC, and Switch)
– New Feature: Photo Mode! Apply one of 19 different filters to enhance your pictures.
– New Costumes
– “King Doubloon” for collecting all doubloons is now available.
– “Plush Gary” for unlocking all awards is now available.
– Fixed a rare bug where saving stopped working.
– Fixed a bug where the playtime did not pause while on a loading screen.
– Many general bug fixes to improve the stability and playability of the game.
PlayStation 5 only features
– Support of DualSense controller audio output when picking up items.
– Support of DualSense adaptive triggers when using reef blower and swinging hook actions.