Let’s Countdown the Days of Doom
Atari, the video game company just revealed the release date of their upcoming title Days of Doom. They also dropped a new gameplay trailer as well. The game will finally launch on PC and consoles on September 21, 2023. The news came during this week during the Feardemic’s FEAR FEST 2023.
Days of Doom is a post-apocalyptic tactical RPG roguelike developed by SneakyBox. Players take control of a small group of survivors who must journey through a post-apocalyptic wasteland in search of Sanctuary, a rumored safe haven. Along the way, they will face a variety of threats, including zombies, raiders, and other dangerous creatures. They will need to use their strategic skills to survive in this harsh environment and to make the difficult choices that will determine the fate of their group.
The game features a unique art style that combines hand-drawn animation with a colorful and quirky aesthetic. The eight playable character classes each have their own unique abilities, and players can customize their party to suit their playstyle. The game will feature a variety of randomly generated events and encounters, which keeps each playthrough fresh and unpredictable.
Here are some of the key features of the game-
- Beautifully animated hand-drawn art that brings the quirky vision of the post-apocalypse to life
- Eight character classes, each equipped with unique default and special abilities
- A dozen enemies from the archetypal zombie to deadly raiders, to explosive monstrosities, and two surprisingly brutal boss fights
- Over 50 randomly occurring events that present risk-reward scenarios
- Over 70 items and runes to collect to turn the odds in your favor
- Roguelite progression means no two runs will be the same, but you permanently upgrade stats like party size and speed of resource accumulation, which means each run will get you closer to reaching your goal
- Original orchestral soundtrack by Jelle Dittmar