Dune: Spice Wars Introduces House Harkonnen
Dune: Spice Wars has revealed some new information on the brutal House Harkonnen. House Harkonnen is just one of many houses. It will be great to see how they get along in the 4x strategy title.
House Harkonnen, hailing from Giedi Prime (a heavily industrialized planet that lives under the iron fist of their cruel Baron), are a house with a reputation for ambition, brutality, and malevolence and is understandably one of the most feared great houses in the Imperium. Fans of the book and/or movie Dune will recognize them as the rival of House Atreides.
A key strength of House Harkonnen in Dune: Spice Wars is their formidable force on the battlefield and their lack of hesitation to employ any and all underhanded tactics at their disposal to achieve their goals.
Whether it’s shady politics, assassination, or cutting-edge spying, they know how to implement and execute long-term plans to win wars without having to start them.
However, their military forces must be feared, as their soldiers’ indoctrination transforms them into veritable mindless and fanatical war machines. Dune: Spice War definitely seems to have captured the ruthlessness of House Harkonnen.
It’s safe to say you shouldn’t be aiming to play fair as or against House Harkonnen.
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is the leader of House Harkonnen. He is one of the wealthiest members of the Landsraad and Duke Leto Atreides’ most dangerous rival.
Expect torture and blackmail from the cruel leader with dangerous intelligence.
- Feyd-Rautha, the Baron’s protege, is adept at using charm and manipulation to help the Harkonnens crush their opponents politically.
- On the other hand, Rabban knows how to break the will of and maintain permanent pressure on the people ruled by the Harkonnens, with the unique aim of maximizing profits.
- Pieter de Vries, the Baron’s powerful Mentat, is the expert in weaving a network of spies and setting up various operations to harm the enemies of the Great House.
- And finally, Iakin Nefud, has the role of organizing the main corps of Harkonnen soldiers, using the men as cannon fodder, as consumable resources, but with unparalleled military results.
Dune: Spice Wars House Harkonnen Unique Units:
- Troopers, armed with razor-sharp blades, can enter a berserker rage when injured, ignoring their pain and increasing their strength the closer they are to death.
- Gunners, experts in demolition, equipped with experimental explosive weapons manufactured in secret. Their damage is so extensive that their troops are often wounded and killed by their own fire, for the glory of the House.
- Vanguards are masters of combat, and excellent assassins, who revel in blood and death, slaying their targets one after another in an unflinching and unfeeling fashion.
- Stealth Probes, disposable and inexpensive mechanical units, were developed for the sole purpose of espionage and murder from the shadows.
- And finally, the main strength of the armies of the Baron lies in the House Guards, ruthless killers, unstoppable war machines who will follow and carry out any orders given to them without hesitation.
Dune: Spice Wars certainly shows House Harkonnen as a dangerous threat.
Source: Press Release