Humanity is a Matter of Perspective
The neon-filled, rain-drenched streets of a cyberpunk city are the perfect for Grand Theft Auto-style chaos, mayhem, and carnage, and Daedalic Entertainment’s Glitchpunk is taking full advantage of that fact. Now you can experience the madness of an unhinged and dying world for yourself, because Glitchpunk has officially entered Early Access.
This announcement comes paired with a Grindhouse-style launch trailer that does a fantastic job of getting us hyped to see where Glitchpunk is going. Not only is the video equal parts cheesy, dramatic, and packed full of high-octane action, it also sets up the actual story of Glitchpunk–you know, beyond ‘rogue android challenges the tyrants who rule a dystopian future.’ Though that is still a pretty great introduction.
The video begins by offering some concise backstory for the game’s setting–Glitchpunk takes place in a blasted world with few remaining cities, where the surviving inhabitants drown themselves in sex, drugs, and violence to forget their woes. For those who can’t lose themselves so easily, transhumanistic cults offer a different brand of salvation.
In a world on the edge, only a brutal hero can bring lasting change. Unfortunately, the only hero we’ve got is a glitching android with a penchant for wreaking havoc. What follows promises to be very fun, if nothing else.
Key features include:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (New Baltia at Early Access launch, Outpost Texas 3 to 4 weeks post-launch, and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
Glitchpunk is now available in Early Access for PC. More updates will be coming in the next few weeks.