Grand Theft Android
Daedalic Entertainment’s upcoming top-down action game Glitchpunk has been described as Grand Theft Auto meets Cyberpunk, and we can certainly see why. Judging by this trailer, the title will be channeling the tone of old-school GTA with its brutal combat, opportunities for wild driving, and an overall feeling of things being out of control.
Beneath the flashy cars and shoot-outs, Grand Theft Auto has always told stories of alienation and the determination to better your own circumstances at almost any cost, and Glitchpunk is following in its footsteps. This game will put players in the shoes of a glitching android battling their own programming to challenging the tyrants who rule a dystopian future.
This release date trailer doesn’t just show off the game’s combat and driving mechanics–it also firmly establishes Glitchpunk’s rebellious tone. Your determination to fight the forces of oppression bleeds through every moment of the video.
Key features include:
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (two cities at Early Access launch and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials
Glitchpunk promises to be a compelling tale of transhumanism, xenophobia, and religion as well as a great excuse to blow things up and drive like crazy. Fans of classic Grand Theft Auto games will likely have a great time with this one.
Glitchpunk will be available in Early Access on August 11th, 2021.