Congratulations, Grimorio of Games! We’re Rooting For You!
How far would you go bring someone you love back to life? That’s the question that indie roguelike/dungeon-crawler/action RPG Sword of the Necromancer asks, and it’s clearly a question that sticks with players, because the game just won the third Fan Favorite weekly vote at the Game Development World Championship. This means Grimorio of Games is moving forward to the finals of the Fan Favorite category. Next week, they’ll meet up with the other Weekly Vote winners and compete for the crown at the end of the GDWC 2021 season. Fingers crossed that it goes well for them.
2nd place went to Apprentice Arriving by Jewel Seeker Entertainment, a 3D fantasy RPG that allows you to create your own character class over the course of gameplay. If you’re interested, you can check it out on Steam. 3rd place went to Crooks Like Us by Out Of Tune Games, a chaotic online multiplayer that markets itself on letting players steal everything they can see. It’s currently in early access but you can find it on Itch.io. Game Development World Championship holds a weekly vote each Monday, presenting gamers with nine exciting titles to look into and vote for. This week’s vote is already live.
This week’s nominees are:
- Blue Fire by Robi Studios (Argentina)
- Doomsday Room by Doubleton Game Studio (Canada)
- Dusk Tactics by Dusk Tactics Project (USA)
- Nine Noir Lives by Silvernode Studios (South Africa)
- Oscar & Gems: Puzzle Quest by Alex Rybalkin (Russia)
- Polychoron by FRACTiLE Games (Finland)
- Project Starship X by Panda Indie Studio (Italy)
- Rust Racers by Nethash Games (Sweden)
- TowerMancer by Digital Synapsis (Brazil)
Have a strong opinion about which of these games is best? Start voting today.