A Relaxing Strategy Game Full of Beautiful Art and Cool Bird Facts
Tired of playing stressful games in this stressful time? Is 2020 getting to you? Why not get 2021 off to the right start and pick up a game that is specifically designed to be relaxing? Wingspan is an award-winning card strategy game, not entirely unlike Cultist Simulator, except instead of the end times and forbidden knowledge, it focuses on birds. Players take charge of a natural reserve that provides sanctuary for many bird species, and play birds to grow the reserve and develop its three habitats. We originally expected this game to hit the Switch sometime back in September–probably, it was a bit unclear at the time–but as we all know, 2020 has been a disaster, and frankly, we’re just glad Wingspan is finally here. You probably are, too.
Wingspan started out as a boardgame, transitioned to PC, and is now available for your Switch. You can play alone or with up to four friends. Lure the best birds to your sanctuary, develop your forest, wetland, and grassland bird habitats, and sit back to enjoy some gorgeous graphics, relaxing music, and chill but challenging strategic gameplay.
Game features include:
- Discover and attract the best birds in this relaxing strategy card game.
- Play single player or compete with your friends in a multiplayer mode for up to five players.
- Based on an award-winning, competitive, card-driven board game.
- Find hundreds of unique, animated birds with real-life audio recordings.
- Learn the many ways of accumulating points with birds, bonus cards, and end-of-round goals.
If you need something more peaceful than the usual array of high-tension video games, or if you just need more bird facts in your life, give Wingspan a shot.
Wingspan is now available on PC and Nintendo Switch at $22.67 CDN.