NSO Members Can Expect Four New SNES and One New NES Games This Friday
Nintendo has announced the next set of titles to be added to their NES and SNES apps. The two virtual retro consoles are available for free for Nintendo Switch Online members and can be downloaded through the eShop or the new NSO home button on the Switch’s home screen. The SNES app currently has 38 games, while the NES app has 57 games–a full list can be found here. NSO members can expect a couple of new additions to the service this Friday, December 18. The upcoming update will finish off the Donkey Kong Country trilogy as DKC3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble makes it’s Switch debut alongside The Ignition Factor, Super Valis IV, Tuff E Nuff, and the NES classic, Nightshade. Here is a full breakdown of the games along with the new trailer.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! – Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have gone missing. As Dixie Kong checks in with the rest of the family, she gets stuck with babysitting duties! But that won’t stop her from going on her next adventure. Play as Dixie Kong or Kiddy Kong solo, against a friend or with a friend. Take advantage of their abilities as they throw each other into action in over 40 levels.
- The Ignition Factor – Intense firefighting action puts you in the heat of the moment. Take control of a brave firefighter as he battles to save people from towering infernos and flame-filled factories. Keep your cool to rescue all the victims. Get them out of the fire and back to safety!
- Super Valis IV – A reddish moon calls forth evil, and the bells toll for battle. Take on the role of Lena, the only warrior able enough to wield the Valis sword against the forces of evil in this action platformer. The longer you take clearing a stage, the stronger the boss at its end will get. Dash, jump and use the items you collect along the way to traverse all seven stages.
- Tuff E Nuff – Four champions seek to challenge the great tower! In this action game, your special attacks level up each time you defeat a certain number of enemies, making your hero grow even more powerful. Make good use of your guard, and carefully time your special attacks against all the tough guys you face on your way to Jade, the self-proclaimed Fighting King. With the instant-replay feature, you can have fun watching the last moments of a fight play out!
- Nightshade – Sutekh has blanketed Metro City under a shroud of crime and corruption. The big crime bosses now answer only to him. To avenge his fallen idol, Mark Gray dons the guise of Nightshade, the last person standing between Sutekh and total control of Metro City. Using a combo of point-and-click and action gameplay styles, stalk the streets of Metro City in search of vengeance.