Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Is Already a Massive Success
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is all but one single day old and while it’s already a massive success receiving a very positive response from critics, it’s also already showing very strong sales numbers. Today it is officially the best-selling item from the video game category to date on Amazon.
Though Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was only released yesterday it has landed itself firmly at the top of Amazon’s annual best-selling charts. Between the combination of pre-orders and the huge day one sales, it’s no wonder this Nintendo exclusive has landed in the top spot as the best-selling item in the video games category for all of 2018. While no sales numbers have been revealed yet, the Amazon website boasts the top selling items within video games right here.
By taking the top spot this means that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has outsold every PS4, Xbox One, and Switch console, and accessory, every online card currency or subscription, and every other game this year. This includes some massive titles like GOTY winner God of War (24th), Spider-Man (21st), and Red Dead Redemption 2 (18th). If this success on Amazon is any indication of just how well their latest game will do, Nintendo certainly has a surefire hit on their hands. You can check out the top 10 items below.
1) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
2) $20 PlayStation Store Gift Card (Digital code)
3) $10 PlayStation Store Gift Card (Digital code)
4) PlayStation Plus: 12 Month Membership (Digital code)
5) amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Nintendo Switch)
6) $50 PlayStation Store Gift Card (Digital code)
7) $10 Xbox Gift Card (Digital code)
8) $60 PlayStation Store Gift Card (Digital code)
9) Nintendo Switch – Neon Red and Neon Blue Joysticks
10) $25 Xbox Gift Card (Digital code)
It will be interesting to see if Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will end out the year in the top spot, though with Christmas and Boxing Day on the horizon, it’s a strong possibility. Plus, with the recent announcement of Persona 5’s joker being the first DLC character, Nintendo may have roped in some more fans from the Persona franchise. Have you picked up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? Are you surprised by this Amazon domination? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for updates.