Go Your Own Way
Forza Horizon 4 is getting its first big patch since launch this week and bringing a full blown route creator with it, as well as a brand new Horizon Story.
The new route creator is basically the next level of the blueprint system currently in the game, which was also present in Forza Horizon 3. Players can pull up to any race starting location and drive their car the route they would like the race to be, and can place checkpoints where they’d like along the way.
The new Horizon Story is centered around British-made automobiles, called British Racing Green, and will be available to players level 50 or higher.
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Create custom routes of up to 40 miles from any Asphalt, Dirt or Cross-Country Event starting location.
- Draw the custom route by driving your car, and place checkpoints anywhere you want to.
- Blueprint Creator has been updated to allow you to use custom routes.
- Added British Racing Green, which explores a century of cars built in Britain.
- Accessible in Broadway by reaching Level 50.
- Unlock a new quick chat phrase, a new unique clothing item, and the classic Bentley 8 Litre.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
- Fix for video options being lost when tweaking AMD GPU clock speeds.
- Increased quality of grass and tree procedurals at distance when Procedural Quality setting is set to Extreme.
- Fix for ‘low streaming bandwidth’ message on high spec PCs when GPU-limited.
- Fix for crash when changing audio devices whilst a video is playing.