100GB of Hard Drive Space Required for Shenmue 3 on PC
If you were expecting Shenmue 3 to barely take up any storage space whenever it is released, we have some very bad news. According to an update on its Kickstarter page, the PC version of the game will need 100GB of available room. Yep, better start clearing things up now.
It’s worth noting that the game is still deep in development and that the requirements could possibly change. It also isn’t clear if the storage limit is related to 4K assets which typically increase a game’s storage capacity. In other words, if you don’t own a 4K TV or monitor then the download size could be significantly smaller. The storage capacity for the PS4 version is unknown.
You can see the PC system requirements below:
- Minimum:OS: Windows 7×64, Windows 8×64, Windows 10×64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
While Shenmue 3 will undoubtedly a large open-world game, a 100GB install is still pretty uncommon for the genre. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC is around 45GB and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Switch is approximately 14GB.
In other recent Shenmue 3 news, the game was pushed back to 2019. It is still expected to release simultaneously on both PC and PS4. On the other hand, Shenmue 1 and 2 are being re-mastered and released sometime later this year.
Are you still excited for Shenmue 3? Tell us your feelings in the comments below.