PlayStation nation, your favorite time of the year draws near as PlayStation Experience 2017 will kick off on Friday, December 8 at Anaheim, California. Kicking things off will be a treat for any longtime IGN fans, as Mr. Trending Gamer 2015, Greg Miller will be hosting an interview with Shu Hei and Shawn Layton. One can only hope that we will get the PSN name change here! In Japan, you can change a display name which works like an alias.
The panels of PlayStation Experience 2017 will all be held on December 9, and will all be live streamed via the links above. Get the full schedule of panels below.
PlayStation Experience 2017 Panels (December 9)
- 11:00 a.m. / PlayStation VR Game Panel – We can’t wait to tell you more about this one! Experience a candid conversation between two legends as they discuss developing their new PS VR title and lessons from VR development.
- 12:30 p.m. / Media Molecule Presents Dreams – Join Media Molecule studio directors Siobhan Reddy, Mark Healey, and Alex Evans alongside a very special guest to take an in-depth look at the development of Dreams during their exclusive Saturday panel at 12:30pm.
- 2:00 p.m. / IGN Ranks the Top 10 PlayStation Games of all Time – IGN’s Podcast Beyond crew is here to figure out the 10 best PlayStation games ever, and they need your help! Uncharted 2 or The Last of Us? Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Journey or Shadow of the Colossus? Is it too soon for Horizon Zero Dawn to make the list? Help us build the best of the best that PlayStation has to offer. Help us celebrate 20+ years of PlayStation at PSX!
- 3:30 p.m. / Ghost of Tsushima: From Concept to Reveal – It’s been a month since we announced our newest title, Ghost of Tsushima. Here at Sucker Punch, we’ve watched so many reaction videos and read many of your comments with smiles on our faces, so we thought PSX was a great opportunity to share a little more with you all. Join us on Saturday at 3:30pm as Nate Fox (Creative Director), Jason Connell (Creative/Art Director), Billy Harper (Animation Director), Ryuhei Katami (Associate Producer, Sony Interactive Entertainment), and moderator Brian Altano (IGN) discuss how we approached making the debut trailer and what inspired us to make this game. We’ll share epic concept art that’s driving the tone and visuals for the game, and share a little about our reference trips to Japan and working with new team members that are helping make Ghost of Tsushima even better. Also be sure to stop by our signing session after the panel and come say hi. Stay tuned for more info on time and location.
- 5:00 p.m. / Uncharted 10th Anniversary Celebration – Join us as we celebrate the Uncharted 10th Anniversary at PSX 2017 with an unprecedented gathering of the cast from throughout the series! Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard McGonagle, Claudia Black, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Graham McTavish, and Robin-Atkin Downes reflect on the series and share their memories with guest moderator Greg Miller (Kinda Funny). We’ll also be hosting a special signing session with the cast prior to the panel. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Experience app for time and location!
- 6:30 p.m. / The Last of Us Part II: Meet the Cast – Join Naughty Dog and the cast of The Last of Us Part II as they discuss the making of the cutscene teaser trailer that was revealed just a few short weeks ago at Paris Games Week. Director and writer, Neil Druckmann, co-writer Halley Gross, and key members of the game’s cast discuss the writing process, casting, performance capture, and more. For those attending the event, there will also be a signing session following the panel.
Sony notes that “though PlayStation’s biggest 2017 announcements were revealed at E3 and Paris Games Week, we’ve saved a few stocking stuffers for Friday night.” Thus, we may be getting some December PS4 announcements soon!
Source: PlayStation US Blog