Dark Souls 3 Update Incoming
Last month we told you how Dark Souls 3 is going to receive its final expansion DLC, called The Ringed City, next month. Today we learned that From Software isn’t going to wait to get closer to the DLC release to fix issues plaguing the game, as a new update will be released next week on all formats.
The Dark Souls 3 1.10 update, which will launch on February 8th, will introduce several fixes to the game.
The biggest fix is definitely among the most disappointing, as it will no longer be possible to invade others while they’re engaged in a boss battle.
Here is a list of the fixes:
- Fixed issue where a player could invade another player during a boss battle.
- Fixed issue where an enchantment could be applied to weapons which normally could not be enchanted.
- Fixed issue where, when items are used while casting magic, display glitches could occasionally occur.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to cancel immediately into a second magic spell after casting the first one.
- Fixed issue where the first part of a skill action could be skipped.
- Fixed issue where a single item could be used indefinitely.
Bandai Namco Community Manager Kimmudi elaborated on the decision to prevent invasions during boss battles, confirming it was never intended to happen. He said:
“I know some of you guys really liked the Boss Room invasions glitch, however this was not part of the game originally, and you must understand that it was frustrating for a part of the playerbase. I know this isn’t something you like to hear, but not every Dark Souls players is as dedicated and informed as you guys. It’s not a reflex to go look up something you don’t understand when it happens. We have also received a lot of customer support request to explain it and straight out complains.”
Dark Souls 3 is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Ringed City expansion will release next month on all formats.