New Civilization 6 DLC for iPad is Fun From The Land Down Under
To accompany the title’s current 50% discount on the iOS App Store, the Australia Civilization & Scenario pack is now available for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI! on iPad. Priced at $4.99, the new Civilization 6 DLC requires the full version of Civilization 6 on iOS to play and is a great addition to the already sprawling title.
Reflecting its unique real-world strengths, Australia grows and thrives in territory where other civilizations would flounder by enjoying full Housing from coastal starts. Star of the Australia Civilization & Scenario pack is John Curtin, leader of Australia in Civilization 6 and provider of bonus production to Australia when the target of a declaration of war or a liberator of a city.
Another addition to Civilization 6 is the new “Outback Tycoon” scenario challenging players to go one of three routes to accumulate a fortune: through mining gold, caring for massive herds of livestock, or by preserving the land’s natural beauty for future generations. With John Curtin leading the way, and new unique unit in the Digger, the new Outback Station unique improvement, and a new Natural Wonder, players will have many ways to approach the challenges this new Civilization 6 DLC presents.
Check out the details of everything coming in the Australia Civilization & Scenario pack below:
- Civilization Unique Ability: Australian coastal cities always receive extra Housing. Pastures also trigger the Culture Bomb effect, grabbing adjacent tiles from other civs and City-States. Yields from Campuses, Commercial Hubs, Holy Sites and Theater Squares are enhanced in attractive terrain.
- Leader Unique Ability: John Curtin’s unique ability is called “Citadel of Civilization.” Australia gets bonus production at the start of a Defensive War and when it liberates a city.
- Unique Unit: Australia’s unique unit is the Digger, which gets bonuses to combat on land tiles adjacent to water and when fighting outside their territory.
- Unique Infrastructure: The Outback Station is a tile improvement that unlocks with the Guilds civic and can be upgraded with Steam Power and Rapid Deployment. It provides food and production, with bonus food for adjacent Pastures.
- New “Outback Tycoon” Scenario: This uniquely economic-focused Scenario has you take control of one of four Colony Governments as you compete to explore and develop the natural beauty and wealth of Australia. Includes unique units and gameplay effects with no combat between players and features a 60 turn limit.
- New Uluru Natural Wonder: This desert wonder provides bonus Faith and Culture to adjacent tiles.
Excited to play the new DLC for Civilization VI? What are you going to try out first? Let us know in the comments below!
Source: Press Release