Can You Get to the Gate?
Get ready for a ridiculous dark fantasy adventure! The solo developer Maximan has announced that Get To The Gate will launch on Steam on 15 February 2024. It is a first-person RPG about a girl who needs to reach the Gate to the world of the living. The catch is that she is extremely scared of monsters. Moreover, a demo version is already out on the platform for you to try out.
In Get To The Gate, you will play as Maria, a cowardly anime girl who finds herself transported to the otherworld of ancient Greece. Her only way back home is through the Gate to the living world. However, reaching there is a different story as there is an island of dungeons filled with undead to go through.
Whenever Maria’s fear builds up, she loses her man and runs to find safety. So, she must explore the dungeons, and find shortcuts and treasures before the mana runs out.
The key features are:
– Challenge your fears as an anime coward, that ended up in a Western fantasy world.
– Get to the treasure or open a shortcut while you still have mana. When mana runs out, Maria will panic and run to safety, and the undead will respawn.
– The game is turn-based, so you have time to think. But the enemies are not stupid, they will pull up Maria and quickly surround her.
– Maria can cast spells. Her main tool is magic stones. When inserted into a magical wand or sword, the stones let you use new spells.
– In the world of the dead, there is a city with peaceful spirits who will trade with you and help you improve your weapons.
Take a look at the gameplay trailer below to get a glimpse of the horrors that Maria has to go through.