PlayStation Takes its Next Big VR Step
PlayStation dropped some bombshell news today. The original PlayStation VR headset is getting an upgrade, and now we know the finer details. Coming it at $549.99 USD, the new platform is locked in for a late February launch. This is one hefty price tag, so if you want to pick this up, you’d better prepare your wallet!
“Today, I’m very pleased to announce that PlayStation VR2 is officially launching on February 22, 2023.” Says the official reveal post. “PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station, designed specifically for the PS VR2 Sense controller, will also launch the same day.”
Here’s the pricing information, as listed in Sony’s official blog post. We’ve got more than just the headset coming to stores on the 22nd, and now we have the full list with all the goodies.
- PlayStation VR2
- $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle
- $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station
- $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.
How do those prices look to you? Is this a fair deal? Better than you expected? Or has it stepped out of your price range? We’d love to hear your perspective in the comments down below!