There’s Something Poetic About This
A long, long time ago–okay, it was actually back in 2005–a little game called Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse hit store shelves everywhere. Now, that same game is once again hitting the physical gaming market, with almost two decades worth of extra polish in tow.
In this game, players take on the role of the titular Stubbs the zombie, a down-on-his-luck salesman who was shot and buried in a shallow grave only to rise up twenty years later seeking vengeance and delicious brains. Soon, he ends up at the forefront of a full-on zombie apocalypse as he tears his way through the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl, which was built over his grave.
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is far from the only game from the early 2000s given a new lease on life recently, but it’s still good to see an old title spread its wings. In Stubbs’ case, it’s even getting a new physical release courtesy of THQ Nordic and Aspyr Media, which is no easy feat nowadays. Well done, Stubbs.
Game features include:
- Eat Brains: Chomp on the living and replenish your bodily arsenal of zombie sputum, gut grenades, and the stunning unholy flatulence
- Build Your Zombie Horde: Convert your enemies into undead allies and lead a zombie assault on the living
- Possess Punchbowl’s Population: Clamp your severed hand to a barbershop quartet singer’s head and raygun away
- Bring Civilization to its Knees: Show the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl, PA that they can’t escape the past
- Stubbs and Chill: Invite a friend to play as Grubbs for classic couch cooperative hijinks. (Friend not included)
If you have a craving for classic games, dark humor, or brains, then considering making room on your shelf for Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse. There’s a solid reason this game has been able to claw its way out of the grave.
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse physical edition will be available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and Nintendo Switch on October 26th, 2021.