Hard To Argue With Free
If you haven’t gotten into the battle royale craze, now is a good chance to try it out. PUBG: Battlegrounds is offering a free week starting today and running through August 16. This will give players complete access to the full game for an entire week.
Players will have access to everything in the game, including:
- All Featured Maps – During Free Play Week, all maps will be available for players to experience, inclusive of the recently released 8×8 South Korea-set map, Taego. Other maps in the current “Normal Map” rotation include Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi and Karakin.
- Zombie Survival – Through PUBG LABS, players can squad up and attempt to make it through 10 stages of various zombie waves. Earn Survival Coins and purchase stronger equipment to increase your chances of survival. Additional details are available here.
- BLACKPINK x PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – Commemorating the collaboration, various BLACKPINK-themed elements will be applied to the maps in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. Elements, which include building decals, plane banners, and thematic changes to supply crates and LV.3 helmets. Select in-game BLACKPINK-themed items are also available for purchase. Additional details are available here.
- Survivor Pass: Taego – Players can purchase this in-game pass and level it up to earn a variety of in-game items, including exclusive character and weapon skins.
- Global Account Event – Be sure to create a Global Account and link it to Steam during Free Play Week to earn the exclusive “Traditional Glasses-Round” in-game item. Creating a Global Account during Free Play Week will also allow you to retain all stats, earned in-game items, Survivor Pass progress once the Free Play Week has ended.
PUBG: Battlegrounds helped kick off this battle royale craze so if you have played games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, you might want to see what helped inspire those games. It isn’t my favorite battle royale, but for free, you can certainly get hours of fun out of it.
Source: Press Release